2009年12月4日金曜日

Class #6 Time

Time


★ Please explain a time proverb in your culture.

I want it desperately.
(のどから手が出る)
for example: That violin makes her mouth water. / She wants that violin more than anything else in the world.



★ What do the following proverbs mean:

a. Time is money.
=Time is very important. So it doesn't spend on uselessly.

b. A stitch in time saves nine.
=Look before you leap. / An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

c. There's no time like the present.
=Now is the best time to do it.

d.Let's meet at 4. If I'm not there by 5, leave without me at 6, and I'll be there at 7.
=I couldn't understand it:(

3 件のコメント:

  1. Hi!
    We sometimes say theseproverbs of Question 2a-c.
    But, I was asked this proverb's mean, I can't answer easy:(

    返信削除
  2. (2-d) I cheched by internet, but I couldn't found that. Then,I don't understand too. But I guess that. Let's meet at 4. They will meet at 4.If I'm not there by 5. Someone was late, and other was wait until 5. Leave without me at 6. Other leave at 6.And I'll be there at 7.
    and They can meet at 7.
    What do you think about that?

    返信削除
  3. Hello!
    It was interesting to know the time proverb
    'I want it desperately.(のどから手が出る)'
    I’m also like the example, too. Thank you.

    返信削除